Natsushiro Takaaki feat. Hoshimachi Suisei - Ai Yori Gunjou [English Lyrics]

 Bluer than Indigo


My pen stopped working at the brake
Just before I could write the column of my dreams for the future
"Hurry, won't you satisfy me?",
Someone's voice said
It's troublesome but it can't be helped


There, on the actual stage
I always just blindly accept my talent withering
"The channel stays the same, right?"
I'm tired of hearing this
It's just the same old clichés of the ordinary people again


Ahh...
This world is always so unreasonable
Even so, tomorrow will be another day*
Even if I can't grow up like this


You and me are incomplete and unfinished
I know that
We're letting our feelings dance for us without repenting our actions
But still    We look so foolish
I'll risk it all for my dreams    I won't drop them!
"Everyone all over the world is smiling"
I'm sure the continuing, vast indigo
Will still reach beyond where the light stops shining


The truth of rumors that could never become reality
I'll pierce, pierce, pierce all the way through to it
"There is no replacement for someone like you"
Even if this gets my mind at temporary peace
I was already aware of the truth


I know
I know that I can't remain a child forever


We're drawing nothing more than incomplete maps
We waver between half-hearted choices
If it's going to be like that anyways, then this conflict, too
I will risk everything for it    I won't drop it!
"Everyone in the world has desires"
Make yours clearer, bluer than indigo*
It's ultramarine    See?    The sky on the fulfilling day
Now run





*The literal translation here would be "I still want to know/feel tomorrow's wind", but it's a Japanese saying meaning tomorrow will come, no matter what happens. 


**"Bluer than indigo" refers to the color blue being drawn from the indigo plant, but still being bluer than the color indigo itself. It's an old Asian saying meaning that the teacher/master (indigo) helps their student (blue) surpass themselves. 

Comments