nqrse - Byoushin [English Translation]

 Second Hand


I painted my dreams
Just like my dreams painted them

Driving down the bright highway    'Til the midnight sun greets me
I'm not stupid    I know it's out of character    I walk off-street by myself

Don't go looking for me    'Cuz I'm above the clouds    If you kidnapped and threw me over your shoulder    I'd go back to being my melancholic self
That day    That day, too    I'm sure it was that color    
However    I get by with just a little bit of affection

Even if I traced the blurry outlines
Of my highly corrupted memory    It's nothing but a maze
It'd be better if I just closed my eyes
But I'm unsure    So I'd rather wait a bit more
For my cue to fall onto the dark road

On a lonely stage, leaving questions with no answers
"We Don’t Need No Drama"     Just leave me alone
Everything is spinning    My entangled brain    Keeps my memories on loop
In this small room, only the second hand* is singing

My blooming jealousy    And depressed Gemini (?)
My worries are staggering    Mingling with the cold asphalt
Something is missing    Reaching out my hand I feel like the darkness is spreading, too
Tell Me What You Want, Tell Me What You Need

The crows announcing the night    Don't even know the faces    Of our brothers (?)
Even if I'm not normal    I'm fine being myself    It's fine this way

Don't dress up even though you know nothing
Keep your pride high and irresolute
I want to escape this never-ending night    It's pathetic, isn't it?
"Tonight, the moon shines prettier than ever."

On a lonely stage, leaving questions with no answers
"We Don’t Need No Drama"     Just leave me alone
Everything is spinning    My entangled brain    Keeps my memories on loop
In this small room, only the second hand is singing

You can love me    You can hate me
I'm gonna love myself the way I am anyways

Do whatever you want    It's alright    I don't need nothing anymore
What more could I ask for?

On a lonely stage, the curtain call shuts off the dark roads
"We Don’t Need No Drama"    Just leave me alone
Everything is spinning    My entangled brain    Keeps my memories on loop
In this small room, only the second hand is singing

On a lonely stage, leaving questions with no solutions
"We Don’t Need No Drama"    Just leave me alone
I won't even give you 8.2 seconds**
The second hand of this small room is the only one singing yet again today, as we pass through the whitening night

I painted my dreams
Just like my dreams painted them




*Second Hand = meaning the second hand on a clock, the hand that moves the fastest and indicates the seconds
**8.2 seconds = There is a drama in Japan called "The 8.2 second rule". The story is based on people falling in love if they look into each other's eyes for 8.2 seconds

Comments